Tonight I got a bee in my bonnet to share 100 facts about me. (I just said Bee in my bonnet. Are you giggling or craving hardtack and poundcake?)
So, I googled, 100 Questions about Me, since I know that this desire is not an original one, and that I’d therefore find reams of questions to assist in my oversharing. Mostly, I found boring lists that prompted for details like name, city, or shoe size. Stuff you wouldn’t necessarily need to know unless you were planning on sending me gifts. Are you? Because I wear a 6 1/2 in a dress shoe and a 7 in most casual footwear.
I found this series of queries on Tumblr that seemed fun. I quickly skimmed the questions and I think most of them might be for Gen Y or even Z. Since I’m immature, this is the list I’m going with
Here are the first 50 in this Q & A marathon. I split it up in case you need to refill your coffee. Or Vodka. And also so you’ll come back tomorrow.
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
I hope so. It was my father-in-law.
2. Would you date an 18 year old at the age you are now?
Well, since my daughter is 18… can I get back to you on that one?
3. When was the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
Every chance I get.
5. Is there someone mad because you are
dating/ talking to the person you are?
I live in the suburbs. So, what do you think?
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?
When my kids make me listen to Sirius Hits 1, every song reminds me of when my kids make me listen to Sirius Hits 1.
7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
Pyjama bottoms, a fancy shirt and a navy blue cardigan. I’m sort of halfway ready to bed and there’s a good chance I’ll sleep like that.
8. How often do you listen to music?
Whenever I’m in the car. WhenI work, it’s very distracting.
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
Sweats. Jeans make me feel fat. I know, I’m weird.
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2013?
Well, yeah. My daughter is going away to university. And, I may or may not win 10 billion Euros. I mean, I got an email…
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
I’m an extremely antisocial person. I’m obviously lying.
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’?
I can’t remember. I’m very old. Come to think of it, my first french kiss was from a guy named Andrew.
13. What about ‘R’?
That’s possible. Europe the summer of ’91 is a blur.
14. Can you drive a stick shift?
But, of course. I had a red Mazda Miata which I convinced my Dad to buy and which I subsequently commandeered. I looked GOOD in that car.
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
Very much so. I can’t help it.
16. Are you going out of town soon?
As a matter of fact, I am. I’m going to California for the first time.
17. When was the last time you cried?
Hard to say. I tear up at tampon commercials. Do you mean a really big cry?
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them?
All the time. And, I meant it too.
19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
No way, jose! I have amber eyes. Who else has amber eyes?
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
There are three boys I would do anything for: my husband and my two sons.
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
I was very cranky today. Also, laundry.
22. Is it cute when girls kiss you on your forehead?
That’s never cute.
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?
I really hope not. Wouldn’t that be cheating? With my son’s 13-year-old friend?
24. What are you sitting on right now?
My bed. I mean, my desk.
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
Everyone tells me they love me. I mean, come on!
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
IRL, text, Facebook, or Twitter?
28. Do you get a lot of colds?
Not lately. Of course, I never leave my house, so that could be why.
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?
30. Does anyone hate you?
Most certainly. Although, I’m baffled by that fact. I’m eminently likable, if a bit annoying.
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?
Is that question for my teenagers?
32. Do you like watching scary movies?
No way. First, my Dad took me to see The Abominable Snowman and other Wonders when I was a kid, and then, Cape Fear. After that, I was done.
33. Do you want your tongue pierced?
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
I don’t know. I’ve blanked it out.
35. Did you have a dream last night?
I don’t know. I was sleeping.
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
About 10 minutes ago.
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
Well, I certainly hope so. Is there something you’re not telling me?
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
I think everyone has feelings for me. Not sure what kind…
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
I think everyone is thinking about me right now. I’m conceited like that.
40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
Yes, mostly. Except for the parking ticket. That sucked.
41. Think back 2 months ago. Were you in a relationship?
Pretty sure I was.
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl?
I’ll probably hang out with several girls.
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
You betcha. People have also told me to get lost. Is that the same?
44. What’s the best part about school?
That I don’t have to go anymore. Actually, the best part about school is that my kids go all day and I can do whatever I want.
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
I overshare. So, obviously.
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
This is one of those questions that I believe was intended for Gen Z. But, yes, I used to pass notes in school.
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
I have anxiety. And therefore, I overthink.
48. Were you single over the last summer?
Sometimes I wished I was.
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
No. And it’s so much better now.
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
Reading, sleeping. Hell, I can do whatever I want. I’m halfway to the grave.