Get up. Get dressed. Head to the gym. Shower, shave, spackle the face. Work, events, traffic, writing, deadlines. Groceries, errands, taxi service. Cook dinner. Clean up the kitchen. Do the laundry, fold the laundry. Nag the kids, hug the kids. Walk the dog, feed the dog, clean up the dog’s accidental on-purpose. This is my life.
My game of life.
Do you ever feel like a hamster on a wheel? Like you’re just racing through today only to find it all start afresh tomorrow? Sometimes I worry that I’m missing out on something good amidst all the rushing to and fro. So then I try to do even more, and even worse, waste energy wondering how much fun what I’m NOT doing might be (classic case of FOMO – fear of missing out).
But when does it stop? When do I take a breather? When do I let go of that need to be part of everything so that I can just be in the moment and enjoy what I’m doing right then?
Going forward I’m challenging myself to slow down and stop trying to be everything to everyone everywhere.
Here’s how it’s going to play out:
1. Slow down
2. Be in the moment
3. Listen more, talk less
4. Leave the phone in the car or on the table or in my purse
5. Say no thanks and enjoy the fun vicariously
6. Say no, do it yourself
7. Breath deep
8. Just sit and do nothing
9. Travel more
10. Play THE GAME OF LIFE –CAA Edition
(Ok that last one is a stretch, but it’s the perfect segue into the reason for this post, which is to announce that THE GAME OF LIFE –CAA Edition is in play again for the 4th year running.)
What’s THE GAME OF LIFE – CAA Edition?
Brought to you by CAA South Central Ontario, it’s the most fun online contest ever. Players have the chance to win over 2,600 instant prizes and an incredible dream vacation!
Designed specifically for South Central Ontario residents (you don’t have to be a CAA Member to participate, but it’s a good idea) this game has got good times, mini games, instant prizes and grand prize vacation destinations (see #9 above). Could it get any better?
How to play:
• Visit the website from September 29th, 2014 to November 23rd, 2014.
• The more you play, the more chances you have to win! Each time you visit the website, you’ll have the opportunity to win awesome, spectacular instant prizes PLUS get an entry into the grand prize draw, an incredible dream vacation!
• Get extra entries when you share with your friends on social media and invite them to play too (use the hashtag #CAAGOL).
• Earn even more bonus entries through winning mini games and redeeming GAME OF LIFE dollars (G.O.L.D).
Over $35,000 in instant prizes are available to be won, plus 3 Grand Prize options to choose from!
1. Florida Family Fun: 8-day trip for 4 people to Orlando theme parks
2. Northern European Cruise: 7-night Norwegian escape for 2 people with Holland America Line
3. Signature Argentina 2-person: 13-day tour of the best of Argentina (Buenos Aires, El Calafate & Mendoza)
PS: CAA is known for being the most trusted name in roadside assistance (they saved my sanity during my recent car troubles). But CAA isn’t just roadside assistance. Members have access to a full range of products including life, home, and auto insurance, travel packages and insurance, and exclusive access to savings and rewards at more than 164,000 retail locations and services worldwide.
Join the conversation. Follow CAA on Twitter and LIKE their Facebook page for more great information and updates.
This post was generously sponsored by CAA South Central Ontario. Contest open to CAA Members and non-members. Complete rules and regulations are available at www.caagol.com.
HASBRO and its logo and THE GAME OF LIFE are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission.
©2014 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
®CAA and CAA logo trademarks owned by, and use is granted by, the Canadian Automobile Association