If you’re like me you’re planning on staying put this March break. With just one left in the school system, it’s not really an ideal time for us to travel. Plus, with the Canadian dollar so low, our destinations are a bit limited.
Actually, staying home isn’t really a deviation from the past. I don’t think we’ve ever gone away this time of year. We’ve always stayed put and had a fun week as tourists in our own city. There’s a lot of fun to be had close to home, if only you let yourself. Organizing day trips and activities is a lot less stressful than packing up your crew and heading into the yonder. It’s true. I promise.
Here are seven ideas for enjoying a week at home with your family. Think of it as being a tourist in your very own city or province. You can stay indoor for fun family days or head out for an adventure. It’s your choice. The point is to be together, right?
1. Plan a cultural excursion. Kids love to learn things and have new experiences. You might not think they’ll like looking at art, but they will. Some of my best childhood memories are of visiting galleries with my dad. Take a trip to a museum, gallery or science centre. They’ll all have special programs on during the school holiday. Whatever your interest may be—from antiques and art to science and nature—there is an exhibit for you.
2. Hit the slopes. Book a day or two at a nearby ski resort. There’s lots to do besides skiing. Try nowboarding, tubing, or hiking. Take a dip in the hot tub or hang out in the chalet. And make sure to visit the spa too. The options for good times are probably endless.
Road Trip User Tip: If you have family members who are motion sensitive, try GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults). They’re an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Note: GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness so reserve their consumption for passengers).
3. Unwind with a good book. How about a family reading day? If you’ve got a family of book worms, visit the bookstore for materials and the grocery store for snacks. Stock up on both and then hunker down for a day of page turning. Don’t forget to pick up colouring books and picture books for younger family members. And if you’re really up for a good time, get everyone to read the same book and then engage in a rousing book club discussion.
4. Have a DIY spa day. Forget the glam squad and do it yourself. Manis, pedis are great, but you can also watch some hair-do how-to videos and create give yourself a total makeover. BatisteTM Dry Shampoo will be a great companion! It’s perfect to use between washes and easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. Try the new limited-edition Batiste Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive scent.
5. Go old school! Break out the crafts, puzzles, and games. Start that new Pinterest project, challenge your kids to an all-day Scrabble or Monopoly tournament. You’ve got all the time in the world so you’d better keep them busy.
6. Teach them a new recipe. Now’s the time to get everyone cooking. Maybe you saw something you’ve been dying to try to make or you’d like to finally teach your kids that old family recipe. Whether it’s a batch of Grandma’s famous cookies – or complicated French stew—take advantage of the downtime. You may just identify a new family chef to take the heat off Mom and Dad.
Tip: If you’ve planned a busy week make sure all of your family members get the get their daily recommended nutrients by taking Vitafusion Men’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’Critters Gummy Vites for kids.
7. Keep it simple. Now that it’s warming up, get outside, even if it’s for a short outing. Go for a walk, a skate at a local rink and maybe pop into a coffee shop for hot chocolates and biscotti.
How much fun does all of that sound?
Thanks to Church & Dwight I’m thrilled to offer you this amazing selection of some trusted products to make your March Break even more perfect. The value of the package is about $80. Enter below, and good luck!
· Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
· Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
· L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
· Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
· OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body (not pictured)
Value: Approximately $80
What are your favourite staycation ideas?