It’s about that time. Since Halloween you’ve been planning for the big day! Ye, I’m talking Christmas. In just a few days your family and friends will descend upon your home. There are lots of big meals ahead, and you need to be prepared. And for more than just family drama and antics. Is your mind racing as you run over your to-do list again and again? Shopping done? Pantries stocked, recipes bookmarked and practiced? Do you do a dry run on new recipes? I know I do. But with all the cooking and entertaining ahead, where do you start?
Personally, I start at the beginning. That means making sure I’m organized and that I’ve planned for every eventuality. I love hosting holiday get togethers. Seriously even though it’s stressful, it’s so much fun. But how do I ensure it all goes off without a hitch? Here are a few simple tips and tricks that will make every meal a hit:
- Make a list and check it twice. There are great organizational apps (I like to think of them as my virtual assistant) that can help you prioritize. From stocking up your pantry and creating menu ideas to managing RSVP lists, storing these items in one place can help you organize and strike off those to-dos! Plus, the feeling of accomplishment you get when you check an item off your list is always a bonus (whether it’s on paper or on your phone!)
- Get the fancy silverware and dishes ready. Holiday feasts and festive parties mean bringing out your best silverware and serving dishes. To refresh your silver, try Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. Just rub a paste of three-parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and one-part water onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Then rinse thoroughly and your dinnerware will be sparkling-ready to impress your guests!
- Expect the unexpected. For that unexpected guest who drops by, not-so-holiday-specific items like stationary, pens and notebooks are a nice last-minute gifting idea that anyone will appreciate. Taking a non-holiday themed approach means items can be purchased well in advance of the holiday shopping rush.
- Keep messes to a minimum. Having a trusted stain fighter on-hand to tackle those holiday spills and stains is a must! My go-to products are the OxiClean MaxForce Foam Laundry Pre-Treater and MaxForce Spray Laundry Pre-Treater. Both can treat wine stains, gravy spills and stains from sticky fingers to keep linens and napkins table-ready for next season. The Pre-treaters can stand for up to a week before washing. Tip: they’ll even get stains out of guest linens and towels.
- Pamper yourself! Treat yourself to that festive latte, Santa-shaped cookie, or extra hour in bed without the guilt! You deserve it for all your hard work, and it may be just what you need to keep your spirits up and stay energized for your next dinner party!
What are your tips for easing dinner party prep and clean-up stress? I’d love to hear them!
As part of the Church & Dwight ambassador program, I was compensated for sharing these great product ideas with you.