I am a huge procrastinator. Sometimes its because I’m very busy and when I feel pressured, I don’t do anything. Other times its because I’m just avoiding unpleasant or onerous tasks. These are some things I do when I’m procrastinating:
- Go on Twitter when I’m supposed to be writing my blog) (when I’m supposed to do just about anything)
- Hide envelopes that need to be actioned (from myself)
- Order To Do List notepads
- Make elaborate platters of snacks such as chips, tzatziki, cut up veggies
- Check Facebook, check BBM, check BBM status updates
- Read my own blog and snigger. Read someone else’s blog. Comment on blogs. Check my own blog stats.
- Look around a bit (I mean like the room. As in staring into space)
- Read entertainment news on Yahoo and possibly watch Samba Baby Dancing
- Enter contests on sites like www.yummymummyclub.ca
- Drink coffee with a pensive look my face as if I’m thinking about pulling the envelopes out of hiding
- Seriously prioritize about what HAS to get done today, and what can DEFINITELY wait until tomorrow
- Watch my dogs wrestle. Take pictures of my dogs wrestling. Talk to my dogs. Talk to my nanny about my dogs.
- Ponder the boxes in my basement that haven’t been unpacked since I moved into my house 13 years ago
- Go out to get Starbucks
- Wander around in Winners or other retail outlets that requires extensive wandering
I completely admit to my procrastinatory ways. I have no shame, and eventually everything gets done. However, I completely take offence to those who colour code their closets confusing procrastination with slob-ery. I am not a slob. My mother used to say I’m a slob. I can’t imagine why, as my closet looks perfectly fine.
My closet looks like that because I have better things to do than hang up my clothes. Imagine everything that I can get done (see list above) when I’m not worrying about making my closet look like this:
PS: This is my daughter’s room. Now, SHE is a slob.